There is a growing demand for building interactive and feature-rich websites and mobile apps to effectively run the digital business. The time has changed due to increasing penetration of the internet, easy accessibility of smartphones and laptops, and most recently due to the pandemic situation.
A majority of enterprises look forward to creating an upscale level of business websites and apps having all the advanced features and updates every now and then. This has led to the increasing dependency on developers to focus on the latest facets of web development in which automation testing has its own prominent position.
Website testing is essential to shortest the web development lifecycle and maintains the efficiency of the site. Selenium framework is the most promising automation testing suite that ensures a seamless testing approach automatically to improve the working condition of the website.
In this blog, our focus will be on the Selenium automation framework as to how it helps to be the best pick for enterprises.
What is Selenium Framework?
Selenium is a suite of automation testing framework which is used to automate the desktop and mobile interactions testing. It is an automation testing framework that allows developers to write codes in any preferred language and run automated scripts to test any website or application.
It is not a single-based testing tool but rather a combination of several tools to create robust software, website, and application. It makes the life of testers goes simple, less time-consuming, and easy.
Different Tools of Selenium Automation Testing Framework
- Selenium Web Driver
Selenium Web Drive helps in accessing the performance of different browsers no matter accessed on desktop or small devices. It allows developers to write code in any programming language and run automation scripts. This testing framework has the capacity to test modern and dynamic websites on which content keeps on changing.
How Does It Work?
- Writer tests in the preferred choice of language.
- It communicates via JSON over HTTP to the browser-specific driver.
- It instantiates and communicates via HTTP to the browser itself.
- The browser communicates back with an HTTP response.
- Selenium IDE
It is Selenium Integrated Development Environment which is available for Chrome and Firebox. It makes it easy to record and playback tests in the browser. Developers can view and change the recorded scripts into any other language.
- Selenium RC
Selenium Remote Control (RC) is a client/server system tool that helps to control web browsers on the local systems using any of the programming languages.
- Selenium Grid
It helps to run parallel test sessions while running many servers at the same time with a Hub and Node Architecture. The generated scrips will be communicated via Hubs out to the Nodes and then executed.
Why It Is Beneficial for You?
Now, you have got an idea of the Selenium framework to be your next automation testing suite. Next is to find out reasons for availing the same.
- Selenium framework is open-source i.e. free to download. No download and installation cost is not required here as compared to other testing tools.
- Selenium WebDriver can mimic user input, in real-time scenarios. Thus, developers can automate a field of activities like key presses, mouse clicks, drag and drop, etc.
- Being open-source, Selenium WebDriver is user-friendly to browse and run effectively.
- Selenium has a tool for every single automation testing scenario.
- It supports several browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorers, Edge, Safari, and more.
- Scripts written for WebDriver can be used again by developers.
- It has the support of an open and widespread community.
Looking at the rapidly changing digital world and growing competition, maintain the efficiency of the website is important. The matter is to provide an enhanced user experience to targeted customers. To meet this requirement, you need to ensure fast and reliable testing across the various span of devices and browsers. Concerning this, rely on the Selenium automation testing framework that offers flexibility, feasibility, and a cost-effective approach over the testing framework.
Get the required technical assistance from a leading Software Testing Company, TestingAgency to make the most out of the automation testing framework.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Website Testing is Important?
Testing of a website is not important in terms of identifying all the errors, bugs, and irregularities before the launch and fix the same in the given time. Testing is a necessary effort to maintain the efficiency of a website and to meet the ultimate purpose of meeting user experience.
- What is the Benefit of Automation Testing for a Website?
As compared to the manual testing that is cumbersome and expensive, automation testing results in fixing up the irregularities on its own. Users visit your website and the automation testing framework fixes the issue immediately to provide an enhanced user experience.
- How Much Does it Cost to Enable Selenium Framework Testing?
Determining the Selenium automation testing cost of a website depends on its features, number of pages, and overall requirements. A strategic plan is created at first to determine the estimated cost and share the same with you.